Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad is disabled.. Recovery mode does not fix problem.

we have an iPad .. 24 hours old.. the wron password was entered too many times and it had disabled. The ipad had never been connected to itunes.

We followed the instructions the apple support site to put ipad into recovery mode...

Turn off with slide button.. hold finger on home button until connect to itunes picture came up.. connect to computer follow onscreen instructions to place in recovery mode.. then update.

We have tried this twice but still get error message on ipad.. "connect to itunes ipad is disabled. and on computer "you must enter pascode on ipad before it can be unsed with itunes"

Help.. not sure where to go from here

iPad

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 1:40 PM

9 replies

Apr 11, 2013 5:52 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

I think they're saying they already tried all that and it didn't do anything....that's the problem I am having too. Once I get to the screen with the itunes logo and picture of the cable, nothing comes up in itunes. Ipad also does not show up in devices, nothing does since this is a new computer. I have followed ALL of the trouble shooting steps below those instructions (checking for most current version of itunes, checking cables, using msconfig, etc.) and still NOTHING. It is frustrating, especially when I read so many people's comments saying it worked the first time they tried. I have read a few people saying "you may need to do this many times". Well, I've been doing it for the past 3 evenings, for at least 2-3 hours each night, and NOTHING. I do not live close enough to an apple store for it to be convenient to take it there and have them fix it. Is there some other way to get it into recovery mode???

Apr 12, 2013 8:16 AM in response to smilesnstangs

I know that you have tried recovery mode for days and have had no success. This is the last "known" fix that I know of to try - DFU mode that is. I also assume that you have tried restoring on anther computer and I know the Apple Store route is not an option for you either now, so I have only one other thing that I have read about it here, but I have no firm evidence that it will work.

I have read that you can try letting the battery drain completely, recharge the iPad and then try recovery mode again. I have no clue if you would have any success with that at all, but at this point, it might be worth a try.

Apr 10, 2015 1:58 AM in response to Shirlfromvic

http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/24/iphone-dfu-mode-explained-and-how-to-enter-dfu-mo de-on-your-iphone/

This worked for me. DFU mode. Screen on iPad stays black the entire time.

- keep plugged in

- power down (wait until power down is complete)

- hold On & Home button for exactly 10 seconds

- continue to hold Home button, and iTunes will eventually lead you through restoring/updating/whatever.

User uploaded file

Nov 30, 2015 8:09 PM in response to iphonecassius

I just did a recovery on a new IPAD (less than 2 days old) I forgot what password I used and the IPAD screen kept saying it was disabled. I also kept plugging it in and it would not come up in itunes either. Finally went through the entire recovery, which took two hours only to get the screen back to saying it was still disabled. I did this restore and it worked out great!

Thanks!

ipad is disabled.. Recovery mode does not fix problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.