Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant figure out how to put songs onto my iphone from my macbook.

I recently bought a macbook, and when I connected my iphone I couldnt find out how to put music onto my phone. I can put it on the itunes, but when i connect my phone, I cant get it from the itunes music to the Iphone music.

MacBook

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 2:12 PM

5 replies

Apr 3, 2013 4:46 PM in response to Travisrbs

Have you selected anything to sync?

Click on the iPhone button at top right to select the iPhone.

You should now see a new bar with the name of your phone, "Summary Info Apps Music Movies" through "Photos", maybe the device name again, and a blue "Done" button.

Click on "Music" to activate the music pane.

You should now be able to select which of your songs, albums, artists, and whatnot you want to copy ("sync") onto the phone. (If you have iTunes Match active, you won't get that choice. I do, so I can't quote the exact text.)

If you also want to sync movies, TV shows, podcasts, or whatever, repeat using those buttons.

Once you have something selected to sync, clicking the "Sync" button at the lower right should do something.

I cant figure out how to put songs onto my iphone from my macbook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.