Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So when I run the airport utility and try to administer the airport extreme over the wan there is NO option to enable guest access.

No option, no place. I have checked the forums, help and even you tube. My screens look NOTHING like apple says or like the examples on youtube (which look different than what apple says it should look like).

Why no enable guest network option?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 7:46 PM

What is the model number of the AirPort Extreme that you have?

Look on the bottom of the AirPort Extreme if you are not sure.

If your version of the AirPort Extreme has Guest Network capability.....you need to have the Extreme connected to a simple modem.....not a combination modem/router or gateway type of device.

So, the make and model number of your "modem" would be helpful as well.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2013 7:46 PM in response to luthersboy

What is the model number of the AirPort Extreme that you have?

Look on the bottom of the AirPort Extreme if you are not sure.

If your version of the AirPort Extreme has Guest Network capability.....you need to have the Extreme connected to a simple modem.....not a combination modem/router or gateway type of device.

So, the make and model number of your "modem" would be helpful as well.

So when I run the airport utility and try to administer the airport extreme over the wan there is NO option to enable guest access.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.