Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows to Lion help transitioning...

Hi all,

I've jumped ships purely based on the iMAC hardware design (which I think is beutiful). Anyway, I was happy with win7 and have used windows for years. I am finding I like Mac O/S especially since I can get into the bowls of the o/s via the shell (I am an SA as part of my job so familiar with Unix generally which helps in Lion which was a nice surprise).

A few things I would like to change if possible. Though I am happy to learn new shortcuts I have years of naturally moving my hands in a certain way. This is compounded by the fact I am using a gaming keyboard (Apple default is not suitable) so its not a native keyboard. The Window key has become the Apple/Command key but there is only 1 key on the right. This makes cut/paste and screenshoting unnatural.

So is there anyway to:

• Remap (or add a combo) for cntrl-v and cntrl-p?
  • Can I remap the prntscreen key to actually print-screen?

There are a few others but if I can figure out how to remap these the others will be easy.

Thanks in advance. If need be I will get a new gaming keyboard with a window key on the left which would make it easier to learn the Apple short-cuts but I do like this keyboard and would rather not.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 4:59 AM

Not quite what you asked for, but perhaps this will help:

http://osxdaily.com/2010/05/13/print-screen-mac/

4 replies

Windows to Lion help transitioning...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.