Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 displays on mac mini late 2012 with 2560 x 1440 Pixel each

Is it possible to connect two Displays with 2560 x 1440 Pixel each to a mac mini without using thunderbolt? I already us a Dell U2713 Display with this resolution connected via mini display port. I'd now like to add a second display, if possible another U2713, to extend my desktop. Using HDMI offers only 1920x1080 for the second display, the displayport adapters/splitters seem to have the same restrictions.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 1:09 AM

2 replies

Apr 4, 2013 3:32 AM in response to sstrasser

The most I can get from my HDMI port is 1920x1200 in scaled mode.

I have dual monitors configured.

1. Primary - ASUS 276 27 inch - miniDisplayPort to DVI
  2. Secondary - Dell 2405 24 inch - HDMI to DVI

I run both monitors with individual resolution set as Best for Display.

When I run VirtualBox, it allows me to put the guest operating system of my choice -- fullscreen on the second display, while using the primary monitor for OS X.

Apr 4, 2013 4:05 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for these infos. This is in fact what I already noticed. HDMI is restricted to full HD resolution. The problem is, I'd like to add a second DellU2713. It would be a pity to "waste" the higher resolutions especially when extending large spreadsheets or similar to dual screens. this won't work properly regarding the work flow... It seems I'll have to swicth to thunderbolt at last... : (

2 displays on mac mini late 2012 with 2560 x 1440 Pixel each

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.