Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 09

I have just downloaded Pages 09 because I want to sync with my iPad. I now have 2 pages icons in my dock... how do I save all my old docs as Pages 09?

Pages 09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 12:57 AM

5 replies

Apr 4, 2013 2:22 AM in response to Lesley229

Well, Pages 4.1 on Lion lack Save and Save as. That is a sytem "feature". Pages 08 and Pages 09 upto version 4.0.4 still have save and Save as. Lion do too in a hiddenway which you can find answer to in this forum. I don't have Lion.

I presume you open the Pages 08 documents in Pages 09, otherwise you can't save as Pages 09.

I do think you should update the system to Mountain Lion. It works better and it is easier to find Save and Save as. I think you press the option key when wanting to get the Save in the menu.

Apr 4, 2013 12:01 PM in response to Lesley229

Hi Lesly,

Here's what I believe to be the easy way out of the two-icon situation:

Quit all instances of Pages.app that you may have running.

Click on the first Pages icon on your Dock. When Pages starts up, choose: Pages > About Pages. Note which version is running. If it's the older one, Pages'08, Quit the program and Drag the icon off your Dock. If it's Pages'09, Quit the app and try the second icon. If the second icon starts Pages'08, Quit Pages and drag that icon off the Dock.

All that is required to convert your documents is to Open them usnig Pages'09 and Save them again. When you Save from Pages'09, the conversion is automatic.

Jerry

Pages 09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.