Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to re-install an app I deleted. Help, please?

My brother owns an iPod touch 2nd generation (iOS 4.2.1), and I deleted his Twitter by accident. I am unable to re-install the app since it only supports iOS 5. However, it seems that iOS 5 is not available for this iPod. He wants me try my best to get Twitter back. I feel so bad, please help me. Thanks!

iPod touch, iOS 4.2.1

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 4:59 AM

Many developers when they updated their apps to support iOS 5 and 6 dropped compatibility for iOS 4.2.1 and earlier.

Your only way is if you have the version that was compatible on your computer such as in the recycle bin/trash or in a computer file backup. In that case delete the current version that is in your iTunes App library and replace it with the older version. Then sync.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2013 4:59 AM in response to rliangco

Many developers when they updated their apps to support iOS 5 and 6 dropped compatibility for iOS 4.2.1 and earlier.

Your only way is if you have the version that was compatible on your computer such as in the recycle bin/trash or in a computer file backup. In that case delete the current version that is in your iTunes App library and replace it with the older version. Then sync.

I am unable to re-install an app I deleted. Help, please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.