Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why my iPhone 5 is downloading Apps so slow on wifi

Is it just me or what, i dont understand why my iphone 5 downloads Apps so slow, sometime it downloads 400mb file in quick time and sometime it takes half an hour to download 26 mb file, any elp is most welcome.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 3:35 AM

I had the same issue and even it happens most of the time, all you have to find out is it just Apple stores or other services are also choking, fo that do some browsing, check ur facebook videos, try speedtest.net, if other services are working at required speed then its a Apple App store servers problem, which gets better after sometime, and if its overall then do one thing, do the hard reset, means press home and sleep/wake button togeather and wait till iphone restarts by it self and Apple logo showup, just with that leave both buttons, i hope this will resolve the problem, but before doing that check the overall wifi performance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2013 3:35 AM in response to JKKOOL

I had the same issue and even it happens most of the time, all you have to find out is it just Apple stores or other services are also choking, fo that do some browsing, check ur facebook videos, try speedtest.net, if other services are working at required speed then its a Apple App store servers problem, which gets better after sometime, and if its overall then do one thing, do the hard reset, means press home and sleep/wake button togeather and wait till iphone restarts by it self and Apple logo showup, just with that leave both buttons, i hope this will resolve the problem, but before doing that check the overall wifi performance.

why my iPhone 5 is downloading Apps so slow on wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.