Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp 5 running hot with fan on all the time

I have a 2012 MBPr running windows 7. I was running Bootcamp 4 and driving two 2560x1440 monitors as well as the laptop display. The fan would only come on with very intensive graphics operations. I just installed Bootcamp 5. When running just the laptop display, everything is fine. However, when I connect the two monitors, the fan starts up and the area above the keyboard gets hot, even with no programs opened.

Has anyone experienced this?

I tried to install a version 4 of Bootcamp, but it will not let you roll back to an older version. Anyone know how to trick the Bootcamp installer to think an older version is installed? Is there a registry value that I can change?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 7:10 AM

1 reply

Bootcamp 5 running hot with fan on all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.