Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do not disturb function is flawed

The do not disturb function I beleve is flawed what is your experince. The reason it is flawed is twofold: 1.If do not disturb is on and your screen is not locked you get all of the notification as normal; I do not want to get notifications if I have to take a call from one of my favorites. 2. If you are in my favorites then you are special and I want to hear any notifications phone calls or text, I would expect prior consent before doing face time. Maybe if enough people agree Apple will change this functionality. Is there an app that will change the functionality?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 8:37 AM

9 replies

Apr 4, 2013 9:01 AM in response to JimHdk

Already done that! There is a flaw in the way the software handles the do not disturb. If you are a favorite it should allow the notifications to come through on the phone, to me that is logical. You have the option to allow phone calls, facetime to come through but not text that is not logical. personally I do not want someone face timing me at 2:00 AM without me knowing in advance!

Apr 4, 2013 11:55 AM in response to user3462

You're wasting your time here. It's operating as designed. This is a technical support forum. Since it isn't behaving in a way other than it is documented to behave, there is nothing we can do to help you fix this "flaw". If you've already submitted feedback to Apple, you've done your part.

Repeating your assertion that it is a flaw is not going to alter reality.

do not disturb function is flawed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.