Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match FAIL

I attempt to play one of my songs and get the following message: This computer is not authorized to play "stringofnumbersandletters.m4a". Would you like to autnorize it? The problem is that my computer is already authorized. At least that is the message I get when I input my username/password.

Sadly I run into this sort of problem a lot with iTunes Match (e.g., music refusing to download from cloud, music not appearing at all in the cloud, "not authorized," etc.).

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

My system is a MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 2.9 GHz i7; 8GB DDR3; and iTunes 11.0.2 (26) 64-bit.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 2.9 GHz i7; 8GB DDR3

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 6:34 AM

First trouble shooting step is always to deauthorize the computer, log out of the iTunes store (restart your computer for good measure), then log back into the store and re-authorize the computer. You'll have to re-enable iTunes Match also.

4 replies

iTunes Match FAIL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.