Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the Caspian Sea on the map page when creating a book?

It doesn't exist. I'm using Aperture version 3.4.3

Does anybody have any idea if this is going to be addressed on an update?

I submitted a number of requests regarding this when Aperture 3 first came out, to no avail.

(from Wikipedia:)

"The Caspian Sea is the largest enclosed inland body of water on Earth by area, variously classed as the world's largest lake or a full-fledged sea."

That's an embarrsing omission for Apple...and difficult for me as I want to create a photo book featuring a section using a map from that area of Asia.

Hmmmm.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 8:08 PM

User uploaded file

Incredible! Send feedback again!

As a workaround, how about using the map from the "Places" view instead? Select your images and go to Places view and take a screenshot, then include the picture in your book.

User uploaded file

The resolution will not be as good as the book-maps, but at least the Caspian is recognizable.

Regards

Léonie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2013 8:08 PM in response to lesyeuxheureux

User uploaded file

Incredible! Send feedback again!

As a workaround, how about using the map from the "Places" view instead? Select your images and go to Places view and take a screenshot, then include the picture in your book.

User uploaded file

The resolution will not be as good as the book-maps, but at least the Caspian is recognizable.

Regards

Léonie

Apr 4, 2013 10:21 PM in response to léonie

Hi leonieDF,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately, as I'm documenting travel across Asia, I need to plot points and for continuity sake have consistant and accurate maps in the book. While it's a good work around, in this instance, it won't be suitable for my purposes.

I will send yet another feedback request to Apple reagarding this major ommision.

All the best,

lesyeuxheureux

Where is the Caspian Sea on the map page when creating a book?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.