Skip navigation

Where is the Caspian Sea on the map page when creating a book?

310 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 10:21 PM by lesyeuxheureux RSS
lesyeuxheureux Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 4, 2013 3:13 PM

It doesn't exist. I'm using Aperture version 3.4.3

Does anybody have any idea if this is going to be addressed on an update?

I submitted a number of requests regarding this when Aperture 3 first came out, to no avail.

(from Wikipedia:)

"The Caspian Sea is the largest enclosed inland body of water on Earth by area, variously classed as the world's largest lake or a full-fledged sea."

That's an embarrsing omission for Apple...and difficult for me as I want to create a photo book featuring a section using a map from that area of Asia.

Hmmmm.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,330 points)

Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 05.01.03.PNG

Incredible! Send feedback again!

As a workaround, how about using the map from the "Places" view instead? Select your images and go to Places view and take a screenshot, then include the picture in your book.

Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 05.03.26.PNG

The resolution will not be as good as the book-maps, but at least the Caspian is recognizable.

Regards

Léonie

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.