Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 30G "U2" won't charge or turn on

I have an older iPod. The 30G U2 version. I don't use it a lot but had to have the battery replaced once a number of years ago. I have been using it lately with no problems. I turned it off two weeks ago and when I went to use it again I get absolutly nothing on the screen. When I plug it into either the computer or through a wall outlet, I get a very quick flash of light on the screen but can't see if anything is on it. I don't think so. I have left it charging with a wall charger over night and still nothing, I checked the hold button, tried resetting etc, Nothing seems to work, It does not show up in iTunes either. If it is the battery, fine, I'll replace it but would love to make sure that is the only problem. I don't want to have that expense only to find out it is something more.

Has anyone else experience this and what have you done successfully? Also, any suggestions on HOW to replace a battery?

Thanks so much for any input.

Mel

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 5:59 PM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2013 3:52 AM in response to Melfrom NJ

Salut Mel j'ai également un Ipod U2 30 GO depuis 2008 et j'en suis plutôt content;J'ai eu à le faire réparer il y a quelques années déjà,si tu ne trouves pas de solution à ton problème renseigne toi dans un magasin Apple prés de chez toi tu pourrais peut être avoir une adresse ou envoyer ton Ipod pour réparation.Moi de France je l'avais envoyé à: pomstock.com/

Apr 7, 2013 3:11 PM in response to the dalton brothers

Had to translate this. But, my problem is solved for the moment at least. I froze the iPod overnight and it was able to take a charge the next morning. I don't know how long it will last, but it is still going a day later at least.

"Hi Mel I also have a 30 GB iPod U2 since 2008 and I'm pretty happy, I had to repair a few years ago already, if you can not find a solution to your problem tells you in a store Apple close to your house you could be an address or send your iPod for réparation.Moi of France I had sent to: pomstock.com /"

iPod 30G "U2" won't charge or turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.