Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print to a File

Lightroom has a handy feature which allows the user to print to a file. I prefer to use Aperture, can this be done in Aperture?

My projects are typically about 250 images. I would like to create an A4 picture package with two photos per page and output them to a file preferabley pdf or jpg.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 10:18 PM

You can use the "Print to pdf", that is available in mac applications.

Select all images in your project, and then use the command "File > Print".

Set the layout as you want the pages to appear:

User uploaded file

Then press the "Print" button.

In the "Print" dialogue select the "PDF" drop-down menu in the lower left corner and select "Save to pdf".

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2013 10:18 PM in response to Philippine Swing

You can use the "Print to pdf", that is available in mac applications.

Select all images in your project, and then use the command "File > Print".

Set the layout as you want the pages to appear:

User uploaded file

Then press the "Print" button.

In the "Print" dialogue select the "PDF" drop-down menu in the lower left corner and select "Save to pdf".

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

Apr 5, 2013 1:04 AM in response to léonie

leonieDF

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive response. Indeed that works however the resultant file is 2.8Gb. I'm hoping for something like 30-40Mb. I know I can export the images and reduce them at the same time. Then reimport them as smaller files and then follow your advice to print to a pdf but its a long roundabout way to do something simple. I wonder if there is a simpler way?

Roderick

Print to a File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.