Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo storage on my macbook.

iPhoto and Pictures in finder, are these the same or am I housing duplicate data. I need to reduce clutter. Thanks!

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009)

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 8:57 PM

3 replies

Jun 11, 2013 10:13 PM in response to gail from maine

Hi GB,

Thanks for your help.

So, tell me this. If I'm trying to free up space on my hard drive, and removing pictures seems to be an easy way to gain lots of space...., can I delete my old picture files knowing I have it all backed up on my hard drive? Or are they too hard to gain access to in the event I need access them?

Please advise,

Steve B.

Jun 12, 2013 10:38 AM in response to SmokinSteves

Hi SmokinSteves,

Not sure about that. If you are wanting to simply be able to view them, then if you did a straight export, you should be able to mount your backup drive and select pictures to be viewed. However, I don't know how easy it would be to get them back in iPhoto....

Terrence Devlin (one of the Community Support Members) would probably be able to provide you with better guidance on that front.

TERRENCE - if you see this, can you jump in?

Sorry I'm not able to answer your question, but it is outside of my knowledge base....😟

Cheers,

GB

Photo storage on my macbook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.