Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 Pro + Bitlocker lonely on a MacBook via Bootcamp

Hello

After some digging I was not able to found the answer neither via Google nor in some forums I looked into. So perhaps somebody out here knows an answer.

I have a MacBook Alu Unibody late 2008 (MacBook5,1), that I do not use anymore. So to pass it to my wife, and as a experiment, I decided to install Windows 8 Pro on it as the only OS (i.e. no Mac OS/X on it).

The installation went fine and except for the longer boot time Windows 8 Pro runs very well on it, especially after I installed BootCamp 5.

Now my problem is with the Bitlocker feature.

I enabled the possibility to use BitLocker without TPM. I tried to activate BitLocker for my drive C:. I entered a password for the drive, and print out the recovery key. Windows restarted the MacBook to test if the drive could be encrypted and will be usable afterards,

However after it comes back and I logged in again and switched to the desktop, Bitlocker told me that it couldn't encrypt my drive C: due to some problem with TPM. I suspect the boot process on a MacBook as the culprit. But I do not know for sure ...

So in the end my drive C: is still unencrypted.

So my question here, did somebody successfully installed a Windows 8 Pro as only OS on a Mac and was able to encrypt the system drive? If yes, how did you do this?

Thanks for any hint, and

Best Regards,

chi.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 9:58 PM

1 reply

Windows 8 Pro + Bitlocker lonely on a MacBook via Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.