Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my ipod touch 5g in the toilet. Everything seems to be working except speakers

I dropped my ipod touch 5th gen in the toilet on Tuesday, immediately picked it up, dried it with a towel, and shook the water out of the openings. It was my first time dropping an electronic device on water so I didn't know the basic procedures so I tried to turn it on. It turned on so I thought it was fine though I was still worried. Knowing nothing, I listened to music for about an hour before I looked up what to do online and when I realized I shouldn't be using it, I immediately turned it off. Then a couple of hours later, I put in a bag of rice (I was at school, so I had to wait until lunch to get the rice) and dried it with rice for 48 hours.

I charged it earlier and it turned on like normal.

Everything appears to be functioning, except the speakers. To be specific the speakers do work except that I can't speak into it (like speaking to Siri). It works when I speak to it from headphones though.

I just bought my ipod less than 2 weeks ago so I was pretty angry and upset with myself for doing something so stupid...

Will keeping it in rice help? Will Apple replace it? What should I do?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 8:24 PM

1 reply

I dropped my ipod touch 5g in the toilet. Everything seems to be working except speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.