Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicken Essentials

Can anyone "translate" how Quicken Essentials works to someone who has been operating Quicken for PC for over 10 yrs? I recently made the leap to Mac and am lost in Quicken Essentials!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 9:25 PM

You need to be much more specific in your questions. Forgive me for being a little snotty but a 10 second search using Google found "Quicken Essentials Tutorial for Mac"

4 replies

Apr 6, 2013 9:08 PM in response to cmar05

First a disclosure: I have never used Quicken Essentials for Mac.

Next: any Quicken for PC user will be disappointed with any version of Quicken for Mac since about 2000.

So the real issue is exactly what you want to use Quicken for on your Mac and what the depth of features needed will be.

Before I hear your answers, you have 3 options:

1. Use Quicken 2007 for Lion (and now Mt. Lion) - you can purchase the complete program for $15 from Intuit:

http://quicken.intuit.com/personal-finance-software/quicken-2007-osx-lion.jsp

2. Use Quicken Essentials - I am told that this is an even more stripped down version of Quicken 2007 for Mac and is almost universally panned on this forum by Quicken for Mac users.

3. Use Quicken for PC running in Windows in Bootcamp and/or virtualization such as in Parallels.

Quicken Essentials

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.