Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPhone “Jimmy's iPhone” is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?" Of course , not! I don't wanna erase anything! I just want to transfer one song to my iPhone manually.

I'm totally completely lost in this. No matter what I do , I'm getting a polite offer from iTunes to erase this iPhone and synch it with this iTunes library. I've tried everything, Manually manage music and video , synch only checked songs , e.t.c. Nothing works! Thanks Apple for making the iPhone so not-so-professional choice for the music industry professional.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 12:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 12:32 AM

I'm reading other people topics, and I really feel angry now. I'm cruising between my house and my recording studio every day , and I need to listen to the mixes I've done in a studio in my car using my iphone , and then at home transfer some new music from my other computer and listen to it on the way to work. Synching iPhone to one iTunes library is the most ridiculous thing that happened to iPhone since iPhone. It actually kills the whole idea of the unit being convenient and simple for all users. Even my old iPod could exchange files between different libraries, as well as serving me as an extra harddrive. But the $500 or whatever phone could not do it ?? This is HUGE disappointment. this actually makes me feel like switching to newest Samsung phone after investing gazillions in Apple. Time to switch for sure.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2013 12:32 AM in response to IgsterBunny

I'm reading other people topics, and I really feel angry now. I'm cruising between my house and my recording studio every day , and I need to listen to the mixes I've done in a studio in my car using my iphone , and then at home transfer some new music from my other computer and listen to it on the way to work. Synching iPhone to one iTunes library is the most ridiculous thing that happened to iPhone since iPhone. It actually kills the whole idea of the unit being convenient and simple for all users. Even my old iPod could exchange files between different libraries, as well as serving me as an extra harddrive. But the $500 or whatever phone could not do it ?? This is HUGE disappointment. this actually makes me feel like switching to newest Samsung phone after investing gazillions in Apple. Time to switch for sure.

The iPhone “Jimmy's iPhone” is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?" Of course , not! I don't wanna erase anything! I just want to transfer one song to my iPhone manually.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.