Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I upload my iWeb site to 2 different domain addresses?

I have two different domain names, but I want to publish one iWeb site to both addresses.

I can't work out how to do it, I was thinking to duplicate the whole site but using the other address. Then I would have to make indiviual changes to both sites when updating content etc.

There must be an easier way to do this, I am missing something?

iWeb '08, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 7:40 AM

Your info says you use iWeb 08.

That means you publish to a folder.

If so, iWeb is not involved. You decide what to do with the published files on the desktop.

With iWeb 09 you only have one FTP address. To publish to another server you have to change the publish info.

But everytime you do that, iWeb will publish the entire site.

You can't have both. iWeb was not meant for that.

Anyway, you provided the solution yourself : duplicate websites for each server.

There's actually no need to make the changes in each site.

Make changes in one site, and duplicate the page to the other site.

Then publish.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2013 7:40 AM in response to Graeme1121

Your info says you use iWeb 08.

That means you publish to a folder.

If so, iWeb is not involved. You decide what to do with the published files on the desktop.

With iWeb 09 you only have one FTP address. To publish to another server you have to change the publish info.

But everytime you do that, iWeb will publish the entire site.

You can't have both. iWeb was not meant for that.

Anyway, you provided the solution yourself : duplicate websites for each server.

There's actually no need to make the changes in each site.

Make changes in one site, and duplicate the page to the other site.

Then publish.

How can I upload my iWeb site to 2 different domain addresses?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.