Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(bootcamp) graphics card crash when playing games

Firstly apologies if I've put this in the wrong section of the forum... this is the most applicable I could find.

Having tried to enquire at the good folks of AMD, they told me I needed to see apple. Finding a support email is nigh on impossile - so either that or advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

I have a boot camp partition on a mid 2011 macbook pro - my graphics card is Radeon HD 6750M.

I have recently been experiencing graphics card crashes when playing games.

There is no boot camp update available, so I am forced to update the driver manually. Trying to use the automated detection/installation tool on the ATI site resulted in the error "your computer doesn't have a proper graphics adapter"

When I located and downloaded the mac bootcamp drivers from the ATI site site, and I tried to install these it was unable to detect my existing microsoft C++ distributable or install its own - so the installation failed.

All advice welcome!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 6:25 AM

Your crashing may be due to heat problems. Download Lubbos Fan control in Windows and start the fans with this application before entering the game. Windows does a poor job of temp management compared to OS X.

4 replies

Apr 5, 2013 7:14 AM in response to cbs20

yeah - it *might* have fixed my issue - or at least it hasn't crashed yet... jynxed it now ofcourse ;p I have acouple of questions though...

Why did this just start happening - I've played other games and this game before without these crashing issues?

I'm worried about configuring this fan thing correctly - lots of 'if your hardware gets damages it's not my problem' warnings on the software site. I know there's only 4 options - how do I ensure I select the right one? ie I thought I had a unibody macbook pro but it can't find the second GPU?

(bootcamp) graphics card crash when playing games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.