Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro - International Warranty

Hello People,

I am thinking of buying a Macbook Pro, retina or non-retina. I live in India, but am thinking of buying the macbook from US (as it is much cheaper there), what I wanted to know was that if I buy it from there, can I get it fixed in India. I do not plan to buy AppleCare. If my product is in the warranty period, can I get it fixed at the authorized reseller's service center for free? Please Help it is the only thing keeping me from buying the product

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 11:25 PM

I did the same thing and got one from NYC. But it is advisable to buy the Apple Care plan too. I had to get my display replaced 4 times in 3 years (and I do not even carry my laptop outside my air conditioned room).

Once my Logic board got cooked (thats like 400-500$ without repair).

And I'd like to bring to your notice, service parts available in Mumbai (India) are sub standard, something that Apple should look into. I had to fire their a**es when they installed a "brand new" display with ridiculous viewing angles... the screen displayed x-ray icons when I moved 50-60 degrees (horizontal) to the side from the center. And i dont even want to describe how bad the vertical viewing angles were!

For 45 days, my laptop was under service. (Maple, Khar/Bandra Outlet)

After the service, in the second year of warranty, My RAM gave me issues, I took it to another authorized service center in Prabhadevi. I was also told by them that my RAM was duplicate. Glad I had the service reciept from Maple, they swapped it for new ones without incurring any extra cost.

I just had to let ppl here in India know how bad the service is. Please double check your macbooks when you collect them back.

After 3 years of warranty, my display blew again, I went for a third party repair... and guess what... their service was much more durable. It's 4.5 years and my macbook is still working great! Although I do not plan on going for a macbook again until Apple addresses this issues and opens some retail stores directly under their control.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2013 11:25 PM in response to PrateekApple

I did the same thing and got one from NYC. But it is advisable to buy the Apple Care plan too. I had to get my display replaced 4 times in 3 years (and I do not even carry my laptop outside my air conditioned room).

Once my Logic board got cooked (thats like 400-500$ without repair).

And I'd like to bring to your notice, service parts available in Mumbai (India) are sub standard, something that Apple should look into. I had to fire their a**es when they installed a "brand new" display with ridiculous viewing angles... the screen displayed x-ray icons when I moved 50-60 degrees (horizontal) to the side from the center. And i dont even want to describe how bad the vertical viewing angles were!

For 45 days, my laptop was under service. (Maple, Khar/Bandra Outlet)

After the service, in the second year of warranty, My RAM gave me issues, I took it to another authorized service center in Prabhadevi. I was also told by them that my RAM was duplicate. Glad I had the service reciept from Maple, they swapped it for new ones without incurring any extra cost.

I just had to let ppl here in India know how bad the service is. Please double check your macbooks when you collect them back.

After 3 years of warranty, my display blew again, I went for a third party repair... and guess what... their service was much more durable. It's 4.5 years and my macbook is still working great! Although I do not plan on going for a macbook again until Apple addresses this issues and opens some retail stores directly under their control.

Macbook Pro - International Warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.