Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up iPad without Wifi...

Hello all.

I have got a brand new ipad mini wifi version that I am dying to set up but I am stuck at the wifi settings / connecting to iTunes screen.

I have not got an Internet connection where I am and was hoping I could set the ipad up without Internet access.

I have also tried to plug the device into my PC and activate it via iTunes (PC has no Internet access either) but as soon as my iTunes detects the ipad I get the following message: "iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again."... Then when I press OK the ipad is in iTunes but it's just basically a blank screen with "done" in the top right.

My itunes version is 11.0.1.12.

Point is, I want to set up my ipad without Internet access whatsoever but it seems like I can't.

I have been to a coffee house with free wifi but that required using a browser to login and accept terms but the ipad set up menu doesn't give you the option to login.

Why is it so difficult to activate? It basically gives me two options - either connect via WIFI (which I don't have access to yet) or activate via iTunes which just won't work.

I've tried resetting device.

Any ideas guys?

Wish I could get this up and running...

iPad

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 11:58 AM

4 replies

Aug 27, 2015 11:20 PM in response to wuzradioman

hi wuz- am in e the process of buying a preused ipad, for safety reasons ill meet the seller at a public place and set up ipad over their free public wifi. THE CONNECtion to wifi process is simple, no passwords just start wifi, choose the public wifi and it will begin-no passwords, no sign in over browser, no accept policy, no certificate install at all- This is how it works on my nexus 4 cell phone.

Just want to know will a brand new in box , never linked to any account ipad connect to public wifi during set up?

Setting up iPad without Wifi...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.