Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting iPad to Nokia phone via Bluetooth for file transfer

I've been reading a few threads, and it puzzles me that I cannot connect my phone via Bluetooth to my iPad to transfer images, but I can connect my phone via Bluetooth to my computer to transfer images. Is there truly no way to connect to the two mobile devices simply for the purpose of moving (copying) image files over wirelessly? I don't want to tether. I don't want to use one to connect the other to the internet. I just want to move some files.

It seems a little odd to me, as I can do the same thing with the images on my computer as I can on my iPad. I've read a few threads where people have been able to connect their phone, but it is a different model. Internet research hasn't pulled up anything reliable on pairing a Nokia C3-00 with the iPad 2 - everything I've pulled up seems fishy.

I have a mid-2010 iMac running OS 10.7.5. I have an iPad 2 running the latest iOS. Is there any other way that I can transfer files to my iPad as well as my computer?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 1:38 PM

This is what is supported

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3647

If you want to voice you view

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

2 replies

Apr 5, 2013 1:42 PM in response to Loquos

The iPad was not designed for the transfer of files over Bluetooth. You can read the supoorted Blutetooth for iOS profiles here.

iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles

You can transfer photos from iDevice to iDevice using Bluetooth according to the app description. But not from a Nokia phone to an iPad.

Transfer from iDevice to iDevice using Bluetooth - Photo Transfer App

And you can transfer files from the iPad to the Mac via email, iOS file sharing, DropBox, and some other apps that you let you mount the iPad like a flash drive. It really depends on what you want to transfer.

Connecting iPad to Nokia phone via Bluetooth for file transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.