Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing H.264 movie clips

I have taken a lot of 1060p movie clips on my Canon 60D. They imported directly into iPhoto. I want to now make a movie.

I am not sure which is the best method of importing them into FCE4. I can drag and drop them from iPhoto Events into the Browser, or I can export from iPhoto to MPEG Streamclip and export as a QT movie which can then be imported into the browser. Or I wonder if I would get better quality if I used log and transfer directly from the SD card in the camera? Can anyone advise please? Thank you. Keith

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), have iMac27, use FCE and iMovie11

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 4:02 PM

To keep from transcoding so many times, just convert them to AIC so it will match your FCE sequence settings.

-DH

7 replies

Apr 6, 2013 3:44 PM in response to Alchroma

Thank you Al and David. I looked at this information carefully. I have set up a new preset for loading in MPEGStreamclip using AIC, dropped in a movie clip from iPhoto, made a movie and then imported that into the browser in FCE. I was able to place that on the timeline without the need for rendering. This seems to be the best procedure for my particluar project. Am I correct? Thank you for your advice. Keith

Importing H.264 movie clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.