4 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2006 9:17 AM by deanr
deanr Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
What happened to the 'go to' command in ARD 3? I have been trying to copy /private/etc/cups to all of my clients in a lab, but I cannot find the 'go to' command in ARD 3 as I did in ARD 2.

Anyone know a workaround?

Thanks

100 iMac 17" Core Duos, Mac OS X (10.4.6), Managing 500 other Macs!
  • 1. Re: Go to command?
    varjak paw Level 10 Level 10 (169,765 points)
    Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're referring to (I no longer have ARD 2 installed and can't find a reference to a "go to" command in the documentation), but you are referring to how to set the location where the files will be copied, that's in the Copy Items dialog box. There's a pulldown with some predefined locations and the ability to specify the exact path where you want the files to go.

If that isn't what you meant, perhaps someone else with ARD 2 installed or who remembers it better will know what you mean. If not, please post back and explain further what it is you're looking for.

Hope this helps.
  • 2. Re: Go to command?
    alternapop Level 3 Level 3 (765 points)
    just drag the main folder you want to replace from your admin computer into the clients window, with the clients selected that you want to copy the files to, and you'll get a 'file copy' dialog. select, "same relative location"
  • 3. Re: Go to command?
    Brian Nesse Level 4 Level 4 (2,780 points)
    Maybe he's referring to the "Go To" command (Cmd-Shift-G) in the finder?
  • 4. Re: Go to command?
    deanr Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    Thanks for the replies. I found what I needed. Since I needed to copy invisible files from /private, I had to locate them with the 'Go to folder' option in the Finder and then drag the files into the items to copy box.

Dean