Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File size for 10" x 13" i photo book

I see on this discussion where someone asked a similar question to mine-- but no way to contact the person who answered their question-- and that person iD is Old Toad 🙂 So if you see my ? please respond 🙂 thannks

Am making my own photo template if you wil in another program and want to import my final poduct as a photo file so i can just drop it on a page as if it is one photo-- but i need to know what theLARGEST FILE SIZE/ RESOULUTION that iphoto 11 will allow me to import-- cannot find that anywhere

saw where Old toad asnwered a similar question for 8.5 x 11 page with pixel dimensions -- and said the triangle appears when resolution is under 180 dpi

but i need to know how many MB.GB one file can be (the MAX size) so I can set up my final collage i am making for each page to that size so i can import it as if it was one photo to put on a page

also-- CAN I BLEED THIS PAGE FROM EDGE TO EDGE WITHOUT ANY GREY BORDER AROUND IT.

thanks for any help ASAP- am doing a special book for an occasion that i need to send it to print soon.. appreciate any / all help

iPhoto '11

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 1:52 PM

1 reply

Apr 5, 2013 2:19 PM in response to thopki

The maximum print resolution that is achieved for an iPhoto book is 300 dpi. Therefore, if you want to get the max print resolution your photos should be 3000 pixels x 3900 pixels. It's not file size that counts but the pixel dimensions. However, many have obtained perfectly acceptable book with resolutions of 180 or so. To get a 300 dpi jpg of a layout form another applicaation you'll need to use the Automator workflow titled Save PDF to iPhoto 300 DIP.workflow. It can be downloaded from Toad's Cellar.

OT

File size for 10" x 13" i photo book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.