Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV skipping frames during HD movie rental playback?

Does anybody else have/know how to fix this problem? I'm downloading directly on my brand new Apple TV and playing it back with most of the movie already downloaded. The Internet is not the issue.

I also streamed an HD TV show from my mac using airplay, and though it still had the problem, it was much rarer. Though I have a feeling that the TV show itself was slightly lower frame rate.

The problem is very obvious, since it is almost constantly juddering, and it sometimes seems like it's skipping more than half the frames. When I rewind it then play back the same bit, it will play it smoothly for a few seconds, then return to juddering playback.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 3:05 AM

First thing I'd look at is any motion enhancement/frame creation 'enhancements' on teh TV and turn them off - some work well for certain material, in other instances they can add more artefact/judder.

Try a variety of material - some Apple encoded stuff is better than others.

AC

1 reply

Apple TV skipping frames during HD movie rental playback?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.