Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer cuts off bottom of page

I have a MacBook Pro with ML and a Mac mini with SL. my mini has the printer and I can print over the network. At some point, I'm guessing after I upgraded to ML it started cutting off the bottom of any printed pages. I've tried playing with the margins and such and no help. I print fairly rarely but sometimes for some financial stuff I need the full pages printed. Anyway, if I print directly from the mini on SL it's fine and if I plug directly into the ML MacBook Pro it prints fine. Just if I print over the network from the MacBook Pro it cuts off the bottom. My mini is only a 32 bit system and can't be upgraded beyond SL sadly. Is there any way to fix the printing problem? Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 5, 2013 6:50 PM

13 replies

Apr 7, 2013 6:56 PM in response to sig

Sorry, been away form the computer for a few days. Anyway, I've printed it in both Firefox(pulling it up from the email I got the file I always notice the problem with) and it cuts off the bottom. I also downloaded the pdf to my laptop, printed it from Preview and also cut off the bottom. I then plugged it directly into the printer and it printed perfectly. In Firefox all it says about scale is "ignore scaling and shrink to fit page width". In Preview it says scale at 100%. I haven't before today tried printing it in anything but straight from email through Firefox. I also tried scale to fit and print entire image with better results, but still a bit cut off of the bottom. Is there any reason why printing it from Firefox would do this and printing 100% size of a pdf wouldn't work? When I changed the scale it places it at 94%. This is more for others in my family who print and since I've spent the money on Apple products they expect them to "just work". I know you're not from Apple, but I'm sure you get that frustration. Any other thoughts?

Apr 8, 2013 3:42 PM in response to medic664

Maybe they don't know about it. Wouldn't be the first time they've updated the driver for something and it broke basic functions. Have you spoken with Canon about this? Give them a call regardless of if you have support or not. Just ask them if they've heard of the issue or know anything that could cause this. I don't see any firmware updates for the printer, so it's probably just a Mac driver problem, especially since the other systems can print fine to it. I'd check and see what revision you're on in terms of driver packages on both. Look under Installations in System Info for the driver package version and install date.

32 vs 64 doesn't matter. Yes, the drivers would be different because of the coding, but the bit being different isn't the cause of this, it's probably a driver glitch they missed or something. Does the Test Page from the printer menu come out missing the bottom part as well?

Printer cuts off bottom of page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.