Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New podcast is appearing on iTunes desktop but not iOS app?

Hi all,

Am having problems with the new epsiode of my podcast - it's appearing in my podcast feed on my iTunes app for desktop but not on my iOS podcast app.

Do you know why this might be?

Podcast is here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/picturehouse-podcast/id393128786

Thanks,
Sam

Podcast / iTunes

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 3:12 AM

I'm afraid I can't be of much help here, not having an iOS device to check this on. It all works perfectly well in the iTunes Store and when subscribing on a Mac. Apparently iPhones work from the Store page rather than subscribing, so as the episode appears there I can't see why the Podcasts App should fail to see it.

What may be an issue is that your server apparently does not support 'byte range requests' - this is where only part of the file is requested at a time as opposed to the whole thing: it's the method used by iPhones, and if the server doesn't support it there tend to be problems with actually playing the episode: however I don't see that this should affect the episode actually appearing in the first place.

All I can suggest is that you ask in the iPhone Forum, where someone who has the Podcasts can possibly check to see whether the problem arises for them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2013 3:12 AM in response to sam_clements

I'm afraid I can't be of much help here, not having an iOS device to check this on. It all works perfectly well in the iTunes Store and when subscribing on a Mac. Apparently iPhones work from the Store page rather than subscribing, so as the episode appears there I can't see why the Podcasts App should fail to see it.

What may be an issue is that your server apparently does not support 'byte range requests' - this is where only part of the file is requested at a time as opposed to the whole thing: it's the method used by iPhones, and if the server doesn't support it there tend to be problems with actually playing the episode: however I don't see that this should affect the episode actually appearing in the first place.

All I can suggest is that you ask in the iPhone Forum, where someone who has the Podcasts can possibly check to see whether the problem arises for them.

New podcast is appearing on iTunes desktop but not iOS app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.