Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

17" mbp freezed while installing Adobe Creative Suite

I just installed my new Adobe Creative Suite 2 on my new 17" mbp that I just got this Monday. After I inserted the 2nd disk the computer ran a while and then freezed. What's wrong with this new computer? Shoule I restart? Please help....Thanks!!!!!

Fujitsu s6130, Windows XP Pro, 17"mbp

Posted on May 24, 2006 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2006 4:19 PM

Restart and DO NOT install version cue. This has worked for most people attempting to install CS2 on a MBP.
5 replies

May 24, 2006 5:09 PM in response to andafly

Restart your computer by holding down the shift key (Safe Mode) and go to HD>Library>Startup Items> and move the contents to your Desktop. Restart the computer as usual and see how it performs. If all seems normal install CS2 and do not install Version Cue.

If this doesn't work, you mean need to do a clean install of the OS and then immediately install CS2, and no Version Cue.

May 24, 2006 6:18 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Well...I deleted the VersionCue and my mbp was woking okay then. I tried to install the Adobe CS2 again withoug VersionCue..and it worked fine until the last disk. It seemed everything got installed, but then the 4th disk didn't jump out after the installation; instead it stays in the cd-rom and my mbp got freezed again...

Now what should I do.....?? How can I know everything already got installed? Will my mbp be fine after all the hassle??

Many thanks for all the help!!

17" mbp freezed while installing Adobe Creative Suite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.