Skip navigation

applescript will not record os 10.8

280 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 12:47 PM by Jeffrey Jones2 RSS
Robert Albury Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 6, 2013 6:27 AM

I suddenly decided to record some applescripts and have discovered that the record function does't work.

All I wanted initially was to do something simple - open up system preferences - open print and scan - then choose one of the items to quickly open to check some of its attributes.

However Applescript editor app v2.5.1 would not do anything. (Applescripts themselves do work)

I then tried Automator which apparently recorded something corresponding to my actions but then on step through executed what appeared to be a succession of random events ranging from attempting to empty the waste bin to on another occasion trying to reorder safari bookmarks.

Any suggestions of how should try and get applescript editor to record something?

(if this has been answered before then apologies but I have searched and cannot find an answer.)

• Jeffrey Jones2 Level 6 Level 6 (8,425 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 6, 2013 12:47 PM (in response to Robert Albury)

Applescript recordability is something that individual applications have to specifically support. The number of applications that support this has always been limited. It's too bad this useful feature isn't more widely implemented, but that's the way it is.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.