Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Download Logic Pro 9 Basic Content

Hey there! 🙂

I reformatted my Mac for a clean install and then installed Logic Pro 9 which I had already purchased. After the installation when I launched the program it started dowloading the "Basic Content" which is around 2GB. My interent connection was fine but it said "Logic could not complete the download" or something to that effect. What on earth is wrong?? :?

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 7:20 AM

Several people have reported issues when trying to download either/both the essential (basic) or the additional content from inside of Logic Pro. There is currently no real explanation as to why some people have such an issue.

However, to resolve this... use these external links and download and then install all the essential and additional content instead.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2972851/logic-downloads-fixed.html

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2013 7:20 AM in response to woofmatix

Several people have reported issues when trying to download either/both the essential (basic) or the additional content from inside of Logic Pro. There is currently no real explanation as to why some people have such an issue.

However, to resolve this... use these external links and download and then install all the essential and additional content instead.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2972851/logic-downloads-fixed.html

Apr 23, 2013 4:42 PM in response to TimmyPix

Timmy,

That sounds like either....

You have a corrupted image... so try downloading again

or..

Something else you have installed on your Mac is interfering with the installation process in some manner. Do you have any 'so called' Anti Virus software running for example.. or an uninstall tracker maybe? If so disable or uninstall such things and try installing again..

Finally...

Remember to make sure that Logic Pro is NOT running when you install extra content...

Jan 26, 2014 11:03 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hi there,

I have been experiencing the same problem when trying to download the additional content form inside Logic Pro 9.1.8 running Snow Leopard. The menu is empty even though I believe have installed everything correctly...

One favour though, if possible, and I would be truly grateful: is it possible to get a working link for the Garageband Content - Garageband Apple Loops (it's the only link that doesn't work) http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2972851/logic-downloads-fixed.html

Thank you much in advance.

All the best

Tony

Cannot Download Logic Pro 9 Basic Content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.