Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes deletes library

Hi,

My iTunes keeps deleting my library. Songs and playlists. Every time I re-open my iTunes, everything is gone. Is this an iTunes problem? Or a windows problem? I have windows 7 professional (64 bit). I have tried removing iTunes and reinstalling it with no success. It's keeps doing the same thing. I wish I had not updated my iTunes. It was working fine before I updated to the latest release. Please fix this APPLE!!!

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 11:13 AM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2013 1:15 PM in response to bballjames

Do you have AVG as an anti-virus package? If so have you downloaded the latest updates for it? Do you have a complete backup for your library? Have you been able to restore any of the .tmp files from the library folder or .itl files from the Previous iTunes Libraries folder. If so did you at least keep a back up that file so you can use it again? Removing iTunes & reinstalling won't help if your database goes missing.

tt2

iTunes deletes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.