Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In and out points when importing with FCPX 10.0.8?

Anyone else having problems when trying to select portions of a clip for import? This use to work in the same way you'd select a portion of a clip in the Event browser, In and Out Points etc. I may have already had an issue with this in 10.0.7. I just upgraded to 10.0.8. Same problem.

I've got some huge takes I'd only like to select tiny portions of for import.

Thanks

A.T.

Mac OS X (10.6.8), Cinema Display

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 11:21 AM

4 replies

Apr 6, 2013 11:34 AM in response to traut

Selections of clips are only available in the camera import function, not in the file import function. The file import function is an extension of the OS and only allows the import of complete files. Post screen shots of what you're seeing and explain what you're doing. There has been no change in 10.0.8 to importing. It's the same since 10.0.6.

Apr 6, 2013 1:10 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom

You may be right about that. But doesn't that seem mildly silly? I can't be the only guy that would like to be able to do this from a hard drive as aprt of my regular work flow. I guess a work around might be to open my Canon files in QuickTime first to trim them down to the portion I'd like to import. That just seems ridiculous. So does doing it from my Camera. Why should you have to edit footage down before importing it into your editing software?

Ugh!!!

A.T.

Apr 6, 2013 1:20 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

It doesn't have to be from your camera; it has to be using the camera import function from a camera folder structure or archive.

Tell me when you open a Word document, how do you open just the third, sixth, and eighth paragraphs?

If you're opening the material from a camera archive using the camera import function, you must make a copy of the media. Because of this you have access to functions that allow you to selectively copy media, but to do that you have to use the camera import function, which I'm sure you can do with media from your Canon camera.

In and out points when importing with FCPX 10.0.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.