Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Sharing

I'm good at networking & sharing but have a problem.

Airport Extreme 5G

2TB Toshiba Extrenal Hard Drive

AirPort Ultility shows my device

User uploaded file

but i cant access it, also shows this

User uploaded file

i heard NTFS is supported, true or no? and how am i so pose to access it? \\10.0.1.1 (main) doesnt work.

have a windows, so mac wouldnt help me here

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen), Windows 7

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 1:57 PM

i heard NTFS is supported, true or no?

What you heard was not true.

FAT32 is supported, though, as well as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). See this support document to confirm:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2426

6 replies

Apr 6, 2013 3:42 PM in response to Bob Timmons

ok, problem is i dont have a mac, i might have a mac vmware on my other usb portable drive but idk if that would work. even thou it maybe slow, like to install part small partition of my laptop to run a OSX but havent found one a way yet.

And yes, this is only connected to my airport and stay there since out printer is wireless.

what im doing is, is im downloading old very old tv shows, and then reformat them into iTunes, then stream it accross our devices so i dont have to keep my lptp on, but we do have one pc that we do keep on and stream the library off there connecting to the airport.

Apr 7, 2013 8:11 PM in response to Bob Timmons

ty, i redwnld'd my torrent bc somehow i missplace with our computers i have that had the mac vmware, all i had was the torrent lol

but anyway, after failing 2-3x bc cord got lose (and takn over 6 hrs), took me 30sec-1min for the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and now working like a charm. thx again 😀

and networking the drive took 2secs, so its fairly easy 😀 to show under Computer (My Computer -W.XP)

USB Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.