Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie '09 Project Won't Open, Causes iMovie to Crash

A few days ago, an iMovie project that was fine if a little slow because it was large suddenly started to freeze when I added or tried to edit some audio, forcing me to force quit iMovie. Now today every time I open iMovie and try to open the project, the little rainbow ball pops up and everything in iMovie freezes, forcing me to force quit it again. I removed the project from iMovie and made more space on my computer and iMovie worked fine, but it started acting up again when I put the project back in. I'm worried the project may be corruputed somehow, especially because this is something I worked hard on for a long time now. I've heard there are ways to fix it, such as putting it through TextEdit or Word for Mac, but the project won't open in those programs. (And before you say it, yes I SHOULD have saved a previous version of it in Time Machine, but I didn't.) If there's a way I can fix this project without losing anything, please let me know!

Mac OS X, Mac OS X (10.5.5), [IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/dramagirl1990/fionaa

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 7:10 PM

1 reply

iMovie '09 Project Won't Open, Causes iMovie to Crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.