Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do if the Mac I am trying to import files into is telling me that the Migration Assistant on my other computer (Mac OS X 10.4.11), need to be updated - but I already checked for Software Updates and it said they were up to date?

I am mainly concerned with trying to import my iTune Library into my new MacBook Pro.

I don't want to lose all my tunes!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Importing to a MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 4:42 PM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2013 11:36 PM in response to byrnan01

Assuming you have an optical drive in or connected to your MBP, the easiest way to go is to do a backup of your existing iTunes library to DVDs (you may need several) . In iTunes 9, this is done with selecting File->Library->Back Up to Disc... and following the directions. I do not see that capability in the current iTunes, though, but if one is using Tiger, one is limited to iTunes 9.

When the discs are burned, mounting any of the discs on the MBP should cause iTunes (you may need to have it up) to ask if you want to import the files. It goes pretty smoothly, or at least it has for me in Mt. Lion and Win-7. It's a little involved but it does work.

What do I do if the Mac I am trying to import files into is telling me that the Migration Assistant on my other computer (Mac OS X 10.4.11), need to be updated - but I already checked for Software Updates and it said they were up to date?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.