Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need OS Lion to make my computer run, but I dont have it in my apple acount, and the computer just ask me for that, how can I install hte software if the only way is using apple id?

I need OS lion, to run my the computer, I made a restore trying to install mountain lion, but the computer doesnt allow me, it ask me for the OS LION, and I dont have it in my apple account, how to I install it? Help!!!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 7:50 PM

14 replies

Apr 8, 2013 3:34 PM in response to babowa

No, I dont have it on my Mac app store.

I press command + R then it made a internet recovery, and then appeared a screen, where I erased everything from my machintosh hard drive, I left something that said MAC OS X and thats it.

Now I'm trying to make an internet recovery, but It doesnt start. and when I dont do that, i let the computer start, appears like a folder with a question mark

Apr 8, 2013 5:25 PM in response to Soundmac

So it sounds as though you wiped your drive and it can't find the system (OS startup) folder because there is none (folder with ?).

One more question: did your machine come with Lion?? Or did you purchase it at the app store? If it came with the machine, then it would not show in the app store.

You tried recovery and said it "made an internet recovery" - when you booted up with Command + R, did you at first see a spinning globe? If not, there was no internet recovery. Try restarting with Command + Option + R - on older machines, that is internet recovery (if your machine supports it). You should wind up with a screen like this:

User uploaded file

Is this what you saw before? You can erase your drive in Disk Utility. When done, you need to click on Reinstall OS X - it will then go to Apple's servers and download the entire OS. Once downloaded (may take a while unless you have a blazing connection), it will install. It should also recreate a new recovery partition.

Apr 8, 2013 7:29 PM in response to babowa

it is not starting, the spinning globe is there for a while and theres no change, and yes thats what I did, but its not working, Lion came with the macbook. so I dont have it on my account, quick question, what If i buy a new hard drive and install on it the operative system, and replace the old one, is going to work or not? if it is, how do i install the OS?

Apr 9, 2013 12:57 AM in response to Soundmac

Hi Soundmac,

What's your internet speed like? Is it fast or slow? Internet Recovery can take awhile to connect but it will take even longer if your internet connection is slow.

There should be a grey progress bar below the spinning globe.

If your internet connection is slow, try going to your local Apple Retail Store (if there is one close to you) or any other place where they have fast connection (a friend, library, anywhere where you can get public access) and start up your MacBook Pro again in Internet Recovery mode.

Apr 11, 2013 3:43 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

I need more space, mine just have 500gb and I need like 1 terabyte, but I'm ok with the 750gb, I was thinking to get a new one. So is it possible to do it?
Or if not how to install the operative system from a flash drive?
I am about to erase the OS X BASE SYSTEM is it good or bad? I looked for it to reinstall the op system cause I dont have it on my apple acount, so thats the only way to do it, I dont have lion on my account, and I dont know how to reeinstall the op system, it just ask me for and apple id and password and when I tried to logged in appeard something saying that I dont have lion on my acount, so I dont know how to install, and the computer just let me install lion nothing older o recent.

Apr 11, 2013 4:22 PM in response to Soundmac

Soundmac wrote:

now its loading, but I have a problem I dont have os lion on my apple account, and the computer just let me install lion, how do i get the op system? or how do I install it again?

You're doing fine Soundmac.

Once the OS downloads completely, your Mac will restart and you will see a screen very much similar to the one when you start up from Recovery Partition. At that point, select the Reinstall Mac OS X Lion option and it will install as per normal.

You do not need an Apple ID as your Mac came with Lion pre-installed. You will need to enter your Apple ID once the installation is complete in order to download, should you wish, iPhoto, GarageBand and iMovie from MAS. Once you fire up MAS and click on Purchases you should also see Mountain Lion ready for you to download and install.

I need OS Lion to make my computer run, but I dont have it in my apple acount, and the computer just ask me for that, how can I install hte software if the only way is using apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.