Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad won't sync with PC after upadate and restore

Dear Helpful people

This is my appeal to someone to ease my despair!

I have an iPAD 2. Yesterday I attempted to sync with PC. It won't sync after recent update to the latest Itunes and Itunes continually asks for it to be restored. I have done several restores to no avail. There is no option to SYNC as its "ghosted" from the scroll down list.

I have attempted to restore from a backup as I do not wish to lose my past information.

I have stopped and started the Apple driver support also as recommended on the Apple support site.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

I have an iPad that I can't sync what's the point of this?

Many thanks for any replies

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 10:08 PM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2013 1:21 AM in response to Vintage widow

Hi all

Here's an update...resorted to option of restore again as a NEW IPAD (after saving all my photos first to my PC).

We got into being able to see the screens where you can drag apps to the IPAD to confirm which ones you want..

pressed apply

pressed sync

guess what... it attempted a sync but it was unlike usual syncs it was super fast and over and didn't work!

Still having issues with Syncing this iPad 2 and I have new latest Itunes and New software update for Ipad.

I have no way of syncing either via cable or WiFi.

I have registered with Apple to call me in this regards tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how I go.

This is really poor Apple....I'm sure I'm not the only one?

Apr 7, 2013 7:52 PM in response to Vintage widow

Hi All

Here's an update..

Apple Support did call me at the scheduled time this morning. I had the most helpful consultant Isaac!

We tried to sync iPad 2 and did all possible to enable the sync to work using cable.

Basically I could download music or other things but there was a "greying out" with the Apps options. We both don't really know why this is so. Isaac said this was unusual.

There two things we found out:

1.The iPad had a restriction code on it that I wasn't even aware of and I had never used or activated. Weird!

2. That buttons in the Apps were initially labelled "Remove" (greyed out) however they (the Apps) did not appear on the iPad. On the list they were greyed out and were not able to be clicked. Weird and frustrating!

We would sync but it was over extremely quickly and no change.

We had to do a complete restore from Recovery Mode

We also did the following:

1. Turned all the Security off that is made sure Norton was off or deactivated during restore of the iPad.

2. We set the iPad up as New.

After that there were no greyed out tabs in the Apps section and I was able to click "Install" which changed to "Will install" Very promising.

The sync did work and the iPad was fully functional again! Relieved and happy again!

I wish to thank Isaac in Brissy for spending the time to help me with all this! He really helped to try to get iPad2 working again as it was but we in the end had to completely restore it. Fortunately I can now sync it fully as I didn't have that option as it was.

This has restored my trust in Apple

Many thanks

Thank you Isaac!

VW

ipad won't sync with PC after upadate and restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.