Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reset iphone 4 without computer

I need to reset an iphone my sister gave me because she forgot her password she doesnt care about the data she just needs it reset and without a pc because she doesnt have one any help or suggestions are appreciated thanks!!!

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 8:56 PM

You need to put the phone into Recovery Mode then restore it using iTunes.

-Turn on iTunes

-Make sure your phone is NOT connceted to the computer.

Hold down the Lock button and the Home button till the screen goes black

-Release the Lock button, but keep holding the Home button while you plug the phone into the computer.

-Only release the home button once you get the notification in iTunes and the phone screen shows the itunes symbol with a USB plug.

-Restore the phone as usual with the latest iOS

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2013 8:56 PM in response to MotoEleven

You need to put the phone into Recovery Mode then restore it using iTunes.

-Turn on iTunes

-Make sure your phone is NOT connceted to the computer.

Hold down the Lock button and the Home button till the screen goes black

-Release the Lock button, but keep holding the Home button while you plug the phone into the computer.

-Only release the home button once you get the notification in iTunes and the phone screen shows the itunes symbol with a USB plug.

-Restore the phone as usual with the latest iOS

Jul 19, 2014 9:19 AM in response to MotoEleven

. There is no way you can do that without a computer.If you are on a windows PC, plug your iOS device and go to my computer>iPhone>and go to tools in the menubar. then click folder options and show hidden files. then click on the folder iPod_control>device, and rename the file_locked to _unlocked. safely eject your iPhone from your pc, and if you try to unlock the phone, it will not ask for the password. then go to settings>general>Reset>Reset all content and settings. The phone will be reset, and then you will have a brand new iPhone

Hope that helps

reset iphone 4 without computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.