Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add some of my playlists to my iPod without it deleting what is currently on my iPod?

I am trying to add more of my playlist to my 4th generation iPod nano. Once I choose my device what do I do , because when I try to sync any music a message comes up warning me that it will delete any music on my iPod will be deleted, then my library will then be synced??? I just want to add a few of my playlist to my iPod and still keep all the music I already have on my iPod. Please Help!!

iPod nano, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 10:42 PM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2013 2:29 PM in response to krusinski

I answered your other topic question, but... if you want to use automatic syncing, you need to set up the iPod's Music tab in iTunes.

Select the iPod in iTunes. There is a row of "tabs" that starts with Summary. Click on Music there. Check the box for Sync Music (if not already checked), and below that, Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.

Below that, select playlists, artists, albums, and/or genres. If you only want to sync from selected playlists, you can just select items under Playlists (and ignore the other lists). Find and checkmark the playlists you want synced to the iPod. Apply the change, and the songs on the selected playlists sync to the iPod.

NOTE: Whatever is currently on your iPod will be replaced by your selection on the Music tab.

Going forward, if you make updates to those playlists (adding or removing songs), the changes will sync automatically to the iPod, the next time you connect it (or click the Sync button). Or, you can change the playlists selected on the iPod's Music tab again.

How can I add some of my playlists to my iPod without it deleting what is currently on my iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.