Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod-video turns black

I have a problem with the ipod 5 nano video functionality.

This is how recording starts, just a normal video.

User uploaded file

After some time from one frame to the other, it looks like this

User uploaded file

This remains till the end so video recording goes on but every frame is underexposed.

Ideas?

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 6, 2013 11:16 PM

5 replies

Apr 7, 2013 5:01 PM in response to Auf einen Blick

On the few occasions that I've used the video camera on my 5th gen iPod nano, it worked properly.

My only suggestion is to do a Restore on the iPod in iTunes. The button for Restore is on the iPod's Summary tab un iTunes. This will erase the iPod, re-install its software, and reset it to default settings. Maybe there is data corruption on the iPod's storage, or a software glitch, which the Restore will fix.

Apr 8, 2013 9:20 AM in response to Auf einen Blick

Auf einen Blick wrote:

I have already done that a few times. No change. It occurred the first time when it was very hot outside and I was filming using the ipod.

Please detail ALL you have done so far in the way of troubleshooting? Need this info to avoid the been there done that scenarios.

Check out KB Article: iPod nano (5th generation): What to do if Video Camera preview screen is black

Have you tried everything in that Article?

User uploaded file

iPod-video turns black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.