Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I own many movie videos on my PC. How do I copy some to the Ipad?

I own many movies on my PC (windows) (ouch, you may say). How do I copy them to my ipad and play them?

iPad, iOS 6.1.3, Video

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 12:12 AM

If they are in a compatible format then you can add them to your computer's iTunes via File > Add To Library, and they shold go into the Movies part of your library. You can then try syncing them to the iPad's Videos app via the Movies tab on the right-hand side of iTunes, in a similar way to how you use the Music tab to sync music.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2013 12:12 AM in response to theway63

If they are in a compatible format then you can add them to your computer's iTunes via File > Add To Library, and they shold go into the Movies part of your library. You can then try syncing them to the iPad's Videos app via the Movies tab on the right-hand side of iTunes, in a similar way to how you use the Music tab to sync music.

Apr 7, 2013 12:25 AM in response to theway63

Are you able to get them into your computer's iTunes library ? If you can, and they don't all then sync to the iPad's Videos app when you select them on the Movies tab, then you could try selecting them in the Movies part of your library and doing File > Create New Version > Create iPad Version and see if those versions then sync over.

Or there are a number of apps in the app store that say that they support AVI videos - i haven't got any of them so I don't kow how good they are, but searcing for AVI gets a number of results, and they probably use file sharing to get content to them from your computer.

I own many movie videos on my PC. How do I copy some to the Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.