Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way I can keep the music on iTunes 11 without it going to iCloud?

My first question is about itunes and why it keeps removing music that I've imported via CDs...etc ??

Then when I sign into other itunes accounts - it only shows that music that's been downloaded from that account (I have 2 accounts!)?

So when syncing music to my phone it says I have 0 songs because it's all on the 'icloud', so I've been clicking the cloud icon on every song, then dragging in my old albums. (Did this once before and everything apart from the songs purchased on itunes stayed)

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 3:47 AM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2013 3:56 AM in response to itsjon

Sounds like your library database may be being corrupted. With iTunes 11 an "empty" library will show the previous purchases of the account that is currently signed in. To prevent this go to iTunes Preferences > Store and untick Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases. Have you actually checked the hard drive to see if the media is still present? Chances are you need to restore an older library file in the way set out below...

Empty/corrupt library after upgrade/crash

Hopefully it's not been too long since you last upgraded iTunes, in fact if you get an empty/incomplete library immediately after upgrading then with the following steps you shouldn't lose a thing or need to do any further housekeeping. In the Previous iTunes Libraries folder should be a number of dated iTunes Library files. Take the most recent of these and copy it into the iTunes folder. Rename iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library (Corrupt).itl and then rename the restored file as iTunes Library.itl. Start iTunes. Should all be good, bar any recent additions to or deletions from your library.

User uploaded file

The images are from Windows XP, but the principle is the same. Depending on the age of you library the library file may not include the .itl extension.

tt2

Is there a way I can keep the music on iTunes 11 without it going to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.