Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini 2012 Snowing screen using DisplayPort -> DVI Adapter

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I apologies in advance if this has been asked already. My searches so far found people using HDMI were experiencing screen snowing issues but this was resolved through a firmware fix released by apple.

I am running the latest version of OSX and I have connected my Mac Mini to a Dell 2408WFP using the Apple Displayport/TB -> DVI adapter.

I was watching a low res movie trailer from the apple site in full screen, when all of a sudden the screen went white with snow!

This got my jimmies rustled to maximum rustlage. Turning the monitor off then back on fixed it.

Now my question, do I have a defective unit or are these still some ongoing display issues?

Many thanks,

Dono

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 3:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 10:23 AM

Hi Dono,

Though most of the "snow" issues were/are with the HDMI port, several have or had the issue with the MDP/TB port also.

A couple of cases were a defective Apple cable as I recall, but not all have been cured.

3 replies

Apr 9, 2013 5:50 AM in response to BDAqua

An update for anyone else that comes along this post.

I called Apple and they stepped me through the following

1 - Power off

2 - Remove power

3 - Hold power button for 10 seconds

4 - Connect power

5 - Hold down command option r p

6 - Power on mac

7 - Mac OS X utilities appears

8 - shut down

9 - Turn on again.

Hopefully this has solved it and it doesn't come back.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Mac Mini 2012 Snowing screen using DisplayPort -> DVI Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.