Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unvalid postal code at Aland Islands, Finland

Hello,

I didn't know which category to ask this question, but I hope it's alright either way.

Now to the actual problem:

Whenever I try to check out my order at the Finnish Apple Store (on their homepage), I get an error saying that I've not entered the correct postal code. Apparently Apple consider it to be unvalid. I know that's not true, it's apparently a mistake in their database or whatnot.

But what can one do when it comes to this? See, I live on an independent island called Aland Islands that belongs to Finland. And to most countries, we are being seen as an own nation; we have our own laws, police, government et cetera, but we still belong legally to Finland. They "own" us, metaphorically, but we are very free to do all sorts of changes politically. Therefore, many online stores consider us not to belong to any country at all, because we're probably too few to be put on the map (there's only around 28,000 people living here).

So whenever I try to check out on the Apple Store, I get a message saying that the postal code is unvalid. I've tried changing the postal code to a Finnish one (not a code that's on Aland Islands), and it works just fine. So I suppose that Apple didn't register our postal codes into their system, which is a problem for most of us here at Aland Islands.

If any Apple representative is out there, please take a look at this list: http://www.posten.ax/department.con?iPage=123&iLan=3, it will show you all the postal codes that's registrered on Aland Islands, and also the corresponding postal area. (And don't be scared of the domain .ax, it's our own domain that was created for Aland Islands, as we didn't want to use the .fi one.)

Thank you for any solution that you may bring, and I hope that in a near future, the inhabitans of Aland Islands can join some fresh Mac computers too! 🙂

P.S. The Swedish name of Aland Islands is Åland. You may encounter the name at the link above.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 5:49 AM

2 replies

Unvalid postal code at Aland Islands, Finland

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.