Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs on disk don't show up in my Library

Yesterday I had some USB corruption issues (dust in the ports caused my wireless mouse & iPod to be unrecognized by my Windows 7 PC).

It appears that despite the issues, iTunes tried to sync with my iPod (120Gb Classic) but something went wrong... my playlists are missing from iTunes on my computer, and all of the songs in those playlists no longer display, either. This varies from missing entire artists to missing specific songs, depending on the playlist.

The songs and playlists are still on my iPod. Also (and most crucially), the songs are still physically present in my Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/ folder.

I've got the playlists from my iPod exported to the PC, but just importing them into iTunes doesn't work - it says there was a problem finding some of the songs in the playlist, and all I get is an empty playlist.

I've reinstalled iTunes and it still doesn't find the songs. I'd consider purchasing some sort of program and restoring my computer from the iPod, except that a) last night before synching I put in a good couple of hours' work to tag and organize songs, and b) I haven't synched in months so I know that there's some music on the computer not on the iPod and I'd be hard-pressed to go and find it all over again. And it seems so unnecessary, since the music is there on my hard drive -- how do I get iTunes to recognize it again?

Thanks for your help!

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 8:23 AM

There are no replies.

Songs on disk don't show up in my Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.