Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will Ipod touch 4G not connect to a bluetooth device?

Ok, so I bought an Ipod touch 4G last month, got all my tunes on it and such without a problem. Then I bought a Bose radio/speaker that uses bluetooth to connect to other devices. My IPhone will connect to it, no problem. My Ipod wont. Im sure its within range, only a few feet away, and bluetooth on both devices is on. Ive given it nearly half an hour, on the several times I've tried, and they still can't find each other. I have tried turning both the Bose and the IPod on and off, resetting the IPod, everything I can think of. Is there any reason it wouldn't connect?😕

Thanks in advance for any answers.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 9:02 AM

5 replies

Apr 7, 2013 9:43 AM in response to The Rubix Cube

It's kinda hard to mess up the iPod. All you need do is turn on BT.

Try a reset on both devices:

First, the iPod. The reset cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

Now, the Bose:

Press and hold the mute button for ten seconds. I'm assuming that this is your speaker:

User uploaded file

Why will Ipod touch 4G not connect to a bluetooth device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.