Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

failed to install boot camp 5 support software on macbook air with win8pro

hi,

as mentioned, win8pro & boot camp 4.0 support software is on my macbook air. it is upgraded from win7 home.

i have downloaded the "BootCamp5.0.5033" and follow the instructions provided.

after unzipped and accessed to the folder named BootCamp then double-click on "setup", a pop-up with messages as attached pic shown.

kindly further assist.User uploaded file

thanks.

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), Windows 8

Posted on Apr 7, 2013 7:42 AM

6 replies

Sep 4, 2013 11:14 PM in response to wei tak

I solved the problem by using Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter to uninstall version 4 of the program "Boot Camp Services". Once version 4 was removed I was then able to successfully run the Bootcamp 5 setup.exe program.

Similar to the experience of other people, I could not remove version 4 of Boot Camp Services from the list of programs in the Control Panel simply by clicking on the "Uninstall" option because each time I tried to uninstall it I received the following error message: "Boot Camp requires that your system is running Windows 7". The only way that I was able to uninstall version 4 of Boot Camp Services was to use Microsoft's troubleshooter

failed to install boot camp 5 support software on macbook air with win8pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.