6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2013 11:14 PM by Gaffable
wei tak Level 1 Level 1

hi,

as mentioned, win8pro & boot camp 4.0 support software is on my macbook air. it is upgraded from win7 home.

i have downloaded the "BootCamp5.0.5033" and follow the instructions provided.

after unzipped and accessed to the folder named BootCamp then double-click on "setup", a pop-up with messages as attached pic shown.

kindly further assist.Capture.JPG

thanks.

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), Windows 8
  • mende1 Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.desktops
    Desktops

I recommend you to uninstall the Boot Camp drivers first from Control Panel, and then, try to install the Boot Camp 5 drivers. Apple recommends to install the Boot Camp 5 drivers before upgrading to Windows 8, so you will get everything working just after upgrading, and you won't have problems

• wei tak Level 1 Level 1

thanks and appreciate your prompt advise

i did notice the recommendation however i have installed win8pro quite sometime ago (before the availability of the 5.0 version)...

by the way, do you mean uninstall "boot camp services" (11mb) from the Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features?

• mende1 Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.desktops
    Desktops

Correct, and all the drivers that were installed with the Boot Camp drivers

could you further advise on how to del. / remove all the drivers that were installed with the Boot Camp drivers?

i have try to delete boot camp services but failed; the same messsage i'm getting

any1 further assist?

• Gaffable Level 1 Level 1

I solved the problem by using Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter to uninstall version 4 of the program "Boot Camp Services". Once version 4 was removed I was then able to successfully run the Bootcamp 5 setup.exe program.

Similar to the experience of other people, I could not remove version 4 of Boot Camp Services from the list of programs in the Control Panel simply by clicking on the "Uninstall" option because each time I tried to uninstall it I received the following error message: "Boot Camp requires that your system is running Windows 7". The only way that I was able to uninstall version 4 of Boot Camp Services was to use Microsoft's troubleshooter